Described in the simplest terms, a split system is a cooling unit wherein the evaporator unit and condensing unit have been “split” into two separate units instead of being contained within the same housing. The evaporator unit is located in or near your cellar, and the condensing unit is generally located outside, or in an attic or utility room.
The Platinum Series of split systems allow you to decide where the evaporator unit and the condensing unit will be located. The condensing unit can be located up to 100 ft. away from the evaporator unit. The evaporator unit will be mounted in the cellar or it can also be located nearby with ducting.
If you don’t mind seeing the grille of your cooling unit in your cellar, a wall-mounted split system is what you need. If you prefer your unit to be out of sight, you should get a fully ducted split system. The choice is yours.
Note: A qualified HVAC-R technician is required for installation. Failure to have the system installed by a qualified technician will void the warranty.
- Quiet and efficient operation
- Flare fittings for easy installation
- 2-speed fan switch to adjust BTU/h capacity
- Standard and 24V thermostat options available
- Condensing unit can be placed outdoors with purchase of exterior housing
- Includes a pump system to remove access condensation
- 55°F temperature differential between cellar and condensing unit air intake temperature
Cellar Size: Approx. 1000 cu. ft. when cellar is fully insulated and sealed with a proper vapor barrier (each wine cellar is unique and has specific cooling requirements)
- BTU/h w/85°F air entering condenser coil: 3120
- Dimensions: Evaporator: 20"L x 20.5”W x 15.5”H, condenser: 16.08”L x 16.23”W x 12.61"H
- Refrigerant: R-134a
- HP: 1/3
- Refrigeration Tons: 0.26
- Voltage Rating: Evaporator: 115V (15-amp dedicated circuit required), condenser: 220V (15-amp dedicated circuit required)
- Weight: Evaporator: 60 lbs, Condenser: 60 lbs
- Amps: Evaporator: 1 (running amps), compressor: LRA 43, RLA 8
- Line Set: Liquid line 1/4"; Suction line 1/2" (less than 50 ft.), 5/8" (greater than 50 ft.)
- Duct Size: 8" Supply, 10" Return
- Drain Line: 1/2" ID clear plastic tubing (not provided)
- Installation: Evaporator can be installed up to 25 duct feet away from cellar. Condensing unit can be installed up to 100 line feet from evaporator unit.
- Thermostat: Advanced digital display (50- ft. cable), liquid-temperature-measuring bottle probe (50-ft. cable)
- Temp. Delta: Can maintain a 55°F cellar temperature with up to 110°F condenser air intake temperature